ANCILLARY EVENTS POLICY DURING COPHY AA CONGRESSES
The COPHy AA Secretariat and Co-Chairs have recognized that at the COPHy AA Annual Congress attendees and companies seek to maximize their networking opportunities and fulfill their professional responsibilities while at a location with so many of their colleagues.
To accomplish these goals we will make every effort to make available their time and space during COPHy AA.
-controlled meeting facilities (convention center or headquarter hotels) for Ancillary Events which do not compete or conflict substantially with the official scientific program.
• Ancillary Events may not be commercial or educational in nature, i.e., they may not include a scientific program with presentations, posters, or lectures, nor include marketing demonstrations or commercial presentations.
• Ancillary Events with more than 25 attendees may not be scheduled in conflict with the official scientific program of COPHy AA.
• Ancillary Events with more than 25 attendees may not be scheduled during the official scientific program of COPHy AA.
DEFINITION OF ANCILLARY EVENTS
Ancillary Events are non-COPHy AA -sponsored special group events, such as business meetings of other organizations or social gatherings, held in conjunction with the COPHy AA Annual Congress. Ancillary Events are not planned or sponsored by COPHy AA.
Ancillary Events may not be commercial or educational in nature, i.e., they may not include a scientific program with presentations, posters, or lectures, nor include marketing demonstrations or commercial presentations.
• Business Meetings: Meetings of non-commercial editorial boards, non-profit organization boards, or other non-COPHy AA committees/working groups, study groups, etc.
• Exhibitor Internal Meetings: Meetings for COPHy AA exhibitor's corporate personnel: COPHy AA exhibitor hospitality suites.
• Investigator Meetings: Meetings for investigators of ongoing research (may be sponsored only by a COPHy AA exhibitor).
• Social Events: Receptions, dinners, alumni events, reunions, and specialty groups where there is no educational/scientific program presented.
REQUESTS FOR ANCILLARY EVENTS
Requests for Ancillary Events must be made on official forms and approved by COPHy AA, regardless of COPHy AA Annual Congress Ancillary Events Policy the location of the event. For meetings with more than 15 attendees, fees will be charged for requests made after a certain date.
Ancillary Events should be planned and scheduled in support of the COPHy AA Annual Congress.
Commercial organizers of Ancillary Events must be supporters of the COPHy AA Annual Congress at the value of not less than the cost of an inside 10x10 booth. Commercial ancillary event organizers who are not exhibitors will incur additional service charges for multiple events.
Fees for participation by Annual Congress attendees outside of the recovery of food and beverage costs, such as registration fees, must be approved by COPHy AA. All costs for the activity, including decorator, audio-visual setup, and room changes, must be borne by the organizers. All event expenses must be paid promptly and non-payment may result in action by COPHy AA.
The use of the COPHy AA logo, trademark, or name in conjunction with publicity must be pre-approved. COPHy AA may not be represented as cosponsoring an event unless a formal request has been submitted to and approved by COPHy AA.
Conducting demonstrations and/or displays of commercial products will not be permitted during Ancillary Events.
Only Ancillary Events open to all Annual Meeting registrants will be listed in the Annual Congress related publications.
Signs, directional or informational, must be approved by, and coordinated with, COPHy AA Congress management when placed in COPHy AA -controlled Congress facilities. Each sign must state that "This event is not organized or sponsored by COPHy AA.” Organizers must remove any meeting-related materials from their assigned rooms at the conclusion of the event.
All participants in Ancillary Events must register for the Annual Congress unless requests for passes for nonscientific participants are received in writing at the time the Ancillary Event is approved.
BREACH OF POLICY
Organizers must adhere to the responsibilities outlined in the policy and on the official forms to avoid cancellation of the activity. Failure to adhere to the policy may result in any or all of the following actions by COPHy AA:
• Cancellation of Ancillary Event
• Refusal to allow company or group the opportunity to exhibit or hold symposia, meetings, or other events in COPHy‑controlled meeting facilities in current year or a specified number of future years.